The top-selling law enforcement vehicle in the United States* is ready to hit the streets with a fresh look and new features this summer.
The 2016 Ford Police Interceptor Utility features:
- New and refreshed front and rear design, new headlamps, a new instrument panel and an enhanced electrical system to help distribute electrical loads more efficiently.
- One of the most important and recognizable features of Police Interceptor are the lights. The 2016 Police Interceptor Utility allows agencies to choose from up to 25 different patterns.
- Available Surveillance Mode technology warns the driver when someone approaches the rear of the vehicle – orderable through Crown North America or Intermotive Vehicle Controls.
- Liftgate release switch, accessible to occupants in the front.
- A rear camera with washer is standard for the 2016 model.
The Ford Police Interceptor Utility comes standard with a 3.7-liter V6 producing 304 horsepower and 279 lb.-ft. of torque, while an available 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 makes 365 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing agencies to select the engine that best meets their patrol requirements. Interior and most exterior dimensions haven’t changed from the 2015 model to allow agencies to repurpose their aftermarket equipment.